Saturday, September 1, 2012

Re-united

Today was quite an adventure.

I flew out of Quesnel at 11:30am.  I was taken to the airport by a very good friend, and had the luck of seeing other friends there too - everyone is pulling for Ken. And I'm so thankful to Hope Air for making this possible.  Wonderful flight, despite the graveness of the current situation, I can't help but smile a little upon take-off.

When I arrived in Vancouver, I caught the sky train to the station closest to the hospital.  Now you have to understand, I have HUGE social phobias, so this kind if thing is difficult for me.

But my husband is so worth it.

I finally made it to the hospital and found Ken.

He looks good. He's feeling better today than he did yesterday.  His white blood cell count is still up, and hopefully the chemo will start to drop it tomorrow. I know it sounds backwards, but they need to destroy his immune system to destroy the tumor.

On the bright side, his pain is less today. And he was so happy to see me (and me him).  I spent the entire afternoon with him.

I miss the babies, but my Mom is taking great care of them. And I'm lucky to be able to stay with my cousin.

I'll be back with Ken in the morning... My wonderful husband is so strong to be fighting this.


No comments:

Post a Comment