Friday, August 31, 2012

Treatment - Day 1

I was hoping that I would fly to Vancouver today after my Mom arrived, but that was not to be.  Fog at both Quesnel and Williams Lake's airports delayed flights from Vancouver.  So my Mom arrived a little later than expected.

I'll be flying out tomorrow - I have my flight booked.  I am so excited to see Ken - I miss him so much.  But at the same time, I hate being away from my babies.  It's a "can't win" scenario (in that regard).

Ken had a Hickman Line put in this afternoon, then began chemotherapy a short while later.  It's all happening so fast, and don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for it.  The chemo made Ken ill - he told me he was sweating like crazy, and very nauseous.  But I guess his oncologist gave him something to help with both the nausea and the pain, because when I spoke to him on the phone a while later, he sounded upbeat, albeit somewhat stoned.

I'm so glad I get to see him tomorrow - it feels so unfair that I found someone who is everything I was missing in life, only to be faced with the possibility of losing him.

With any luck, my next report with be exceedingly positive, and nothing but good news!

No comments:

Post a Comment