Thursday, May 2, 2013


I have to have hope.

The last three weeks have been difficult for all of us.  I was very fortunate to be able to see Ken with our sons two weekends ago.  He is doing his best to be strong, but it is very, very difficult.

I'm still reeling from the return of his lymphoma.

With an intense course of chemotherapy (which still hasn't been completed), the cancer cells in Ken's bone marrow have been driven down to an undetectable level.  I won't say there aren't there, because I'm sure there are some, but there just isn't enough to be detected.

The chemotherapy drugs have caused Ken's hair to fall out again... and I don't care.  It's a small price to pay.  He's trying to make the best of it, he asked, "Is it ok if I give myself a mohawk?" before it had fallen out completely, and of course it was.

I'm going to share a link; it expresses far better than I can the realities of this disease.  Every time a read bits and pieces, it's with tears in my eyes.

Fight To Win

We're currently waiting to find a matching bone marrow donor.  Ken will continue with his chemo until then.  I am hoping and praying they can find a 10/10 match - that's his best shot at surviving this.  Please, if you can, visit: OneMatch and read through the information provided.  If you are willing to be listed on the donor database, I'd be very thankful.  I've listed myself (it's really easy to get tested - just a cheek swab), and I know that although I won't match Ken, there's a chance I could save someone else's life...