Monday, August 27, 2012

At the Cancer Care unit

We're in Prince George today, waiting for Ken to get a bone marrow biopsy. The oncologist here (who isn't the one he's been referred to) has ordered more tests to be done as soon as possible. I don't know if this is a good thing, or a sign that things are incredibly bad.

I'm scared, so is he.

The clock is ticking so slow. Will they let me go in with him?

Still waiting. It's now one minute past his appointment time.

Now two.

The waiting is tearing me up on the inside. I hate this.

I'm trying to think of other things right now, like the fact that my mouth hurts from where I burned it on hot cheese last night.

Still waiting.

Update:

It's done. It was awful. Ken doesn't freeze well so they had to give him additional freezing.

The freezing part seemed to be worse for him.  He's doing ok now that they're done.

The doctor suspects he has a rarer form of lymphoma that is very aggressive. But it is treatable if that's the case. We can only hope he starts treatment very quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment