Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Still catching up...

It is unbelievable the amount of paperwork that needs to be done at a time like this.  I mean, I know I should be in bed (I work tomorrow), but I was still filling out forms and packing them up to forward to Ken.  I think I'm done with his stuff (he'll have to finish up with some of the details, then mail/fax them off to different agencies).

Now... I still have to look into childcare subsidies.  And potential daycare (because as much as I love my babysitter, this is an awful lot to expect from her... the boys are very busy!)... but not tonight.  In a few minutes, I'm off to sleep.

I packed up my laptop for Ken (I'm using his desktop, so we'll trade computers for now), and tried to throw in a few things to make his stay away a little easier.  Since he's still in isolation, I'm sending a few of his favorite snacks (he can't go down to the cafeteria at the hospital... or even the patient kitchen).  I almost was a complete 'fail wife' when I forgot to put the power cord for the computer into the box... wouldn't that have been just awesome, a laptop with limited battery life and no way to recharge it! 

We Skyped again tonight (I can't imagine going a day without seeing him) and he got to play with the boys.  After the boys went to bed, we got to talk a bit more.  Right now the apartment even smells like him... one of my Scentsy scents is exactly what Ken smells like, and it makes my heart do flip-flops.

I miss him so much.

On the medical front, the chemotherapy is doing exactly what it's supposed to do: Ken's white blood cell count is down to 0.1.  His red blood cells and platelets are good.  If this keeps up, I'm hoping Ken will fly through his treatment, and be home in no time at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment