Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I don't understand the system...

For those of you who know me well, you won't be surprised that this post is all over the place.

I feel all over the place.

Ken is doing ok.  Not great, not horrible, just ok.

He's on outpatients right now, and staying in the Cancer Lodge.  We've gotten a few reality checks the last few days, and it kind of stinks.

  1. When Ken is in the hospital, all his Cancer-related medications are covered by MSP.  When he's out, he has to pay out-of-pocket for everything.  Which means that 5 days of medication (anti-fungals, anti-virals, anti-emetics, pain killers, etc) cost him $140.  And because he's out, the daily injections that help his immune system recover are also not covered.  And at over $700 each, we just can't afford it.
  2. Because we can't afford the injections to boost Ken's immune system back up, it's not recovering as quickly.  That means that he me not be able to start his next round on schedule (Friday).  Which means the 5 days of medication he just picked up, well, that's going to have to be refilled.
  3. If Ken's chemo doesn't proceed on schedule, that lengthens the amount of time he's away, which is at additional cost (of course), but more importantly, it means it'll be that much longer before I get to see him again.
I hate, hate, HATE this.  It sucks in probably the biggest way possible.  I miss my husband.  I'm getting worn out playing single mom.  I feel... defeated.

And whiny.

Bleh.  I feel like I need to go do something else.  This is depressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment